Friday 2 March 2012

Marg: Scrawny Arms

People seem to love snarking about Angelina Jolie’s weight. Although heightened this week by her appearance at the Oscars, it has been a constant reoccurring comment that she must be starving herself. She looks gaunt, folks say, her arms are too scrawny - her legs, too.

Bam!




Anorexia is an incredibly sad condition. And if Angelina Jolie does have an eating disorder, then that totally sucks, and I hope she gets help.


But, scrawny arms and thin legs… these aren’t proof of any sort of eating disorder!


I have those! Lots of women do!


Look at those skeleton arms!

I'm not saying that Angelina doesn't look thin - she does - but so do lots of actresses. Maybe we're just shocked because she tends to bulk up for movies like Tomb Raider or A Mighty Heart (she was pretty roided out for that one, right?) But in her off time, maybe she just doesn't like being all muscley!

Who are we to demand that anyone spend their free time pumping iron in a gym? I don't lift weights - I mean, how unexciting! Seriously, that has always just sounded mind numbingly boring to me. Me & Angelina Jolie have better things to do: she jet sets, does charity, and hangs out with her hoard of children - I watch TV and make weird noises with my boyfriend. We're busy ladies!  
   
As a woman with arms like Olive Oyl, I can say with confidence that eating more sandwiches will do nothing to bulk up my appendages - nothing!




-Marg
@acuteinsomnia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!