Monday 14 May 2012

Marg: Let's All Go to the Movies Part Deux!

Matthew posted some trailers a while back, and I am going to copy him... In fact, I am copying him SO MUCH that I am reposting one that he already profiled because I have too many thoughts and feelings about it not to.

A really important thing to know about Matthew and I is that sometimes we both just watch movie trailers as entertainment. We send the ones we're interested in to each other. We're usually into the same sorts of stuff as far as previews go, though sometimes differ in the films we actually end up loving. He has expressed no interest in seeing The Avengers, and you all know that I got a raging lady boner for that one.

Here are some trailers I watched this morning! Whee!


Film: Take this Waltz
Release Date: In Theatres July 29th
Why: I don't even know if I will actually even be able to watch this movie. The very idea of someone hurting Seth Rogan's character - who immediately seems so sweet and wonderful and fun and lovely - is upsetting me. Seriously, I don't want to hate Michelle Williams, and this movie is going to try really hard to get me to see her side of things and respect her character's feelings and passions and blah blah blah - but we all know that she is going to make Seth Rogan cry. It is going to happen, and I cannot abide by that.


Film: Safety Not Guaranteed
Release Date: In Theatres June 8th
Why: For one, we have the rare original premise - it looks strange, and sweet. Secondly, this is an amazing cast. If you don't know the names Aubrey Plaza, Jake Johnson, and Mark Duplass yet - you are a) missing out but b) not for much longer.

Film: Brave
Release Date: In Theatres June 22nd
Why: As we all know, Pixar is pretty awesome - I am excited to see what they will do with their first female heroine! Brave looks beautiful, and the story seems like it is going to be fun, adventurous, and like it will send a really great ass-kicking message to little girls. I can't wait to see it, and to have my almost-three-year-old niece see it too, it's right up her street.


Marg @acuteinsomnia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!